We are passionate about supporting schools’ education curriculum and extracurricular garden programs. We can offer tours and hands on experiences for school groups that will demonstrate:
- Processes and inputs for renewing soils.
- Market Gardening to build living soils and grow food efficiently.
- Care of riparian zones and bush regeneration,
- Plant identification
- Worm farming-Vermiculture
- Physical observations to assess soil health – a process of 10 observations that can be done using everyday items to assess your soils physical health.
Tours are available at very affordable prices and can be tailored to fit your teaching program.
TEACHING RESOURCES & SCHOOL GARDEN PROGRAMS
For extensive teaching resources related to soil and existing school garden programs visit:
- SCOOTLE – national repository of learning resources
Education Services Australia
- SOILS IN SCHOOLS – teacher guides and learning resources
Soil Science Australia
- STEPHANIE ALEXANDER KITCHEN GARDEN FOUNDATION
- 24 CARROT GARDENS Tasmania
- LANDCARE IN THE CURRICULUM – teaching and learning sequences
- PRIMEZONE – primary industry education resources
Primary Industries Education Foundation (PIEFA)